New retailers and restaurants to open this summer
Wessman Development’s Michael Braun announced the second wave of retailers and restaurants for Palm Spring’s downtown revitalization project, a 14-acre site that sits in front of the Palm Springs Art Museum nestled in the heart of downtown.
The new tenants, anticipated to open this summer, join the Kimpton Rowan Hotel, West Elm and Blaze Pizza in the new Palm Springs mixed-use project. They include:
- H&M, one of the world’s largest fashion retailers offering fashion-forward apparel at affordable prices in a sustainable way.
- Free People, a specialty clothing brand featuring the latest trends for women who live free through fashion, art, music, and travel.
- francesca’s, a boutique that offers an eclectic mix of carefully-curated clothing, bright baubles, bold accessories, and playful gifts that are as fun to give as they are to receive.
- Stout Burgers & Beers, a simple, upscale neighborhood restaurant that offers gourmet burgers and a vast selection of artisanal draft and bottled beers.
- Il corso, a fine diner that offers genuine Italian hospitality, authentic Italian dishes including homemade pastas, gourmet wood oven pizza, seafood and roasted leg of veal.
“We’re thrilled to share this line-up as it shows the quality and diversity of what’s to come,” said Project Manager Michael Braun. “Once complete, this project will put Palm Springs back on the map as a top place to visit and live. It brings a vibrant mix of hotels, restaurants and stores to appeal to out-of- towners and locals alike. ”
West Elm opened as the project’s first retailer in 2016 followed by Blaze Pizza on March 24. The project’s anchor, the Kimpton Rowan Hotel, will also open this summer. The luxury hotel will feature 153 guest rooms and suites, restaurants and a rooftop pool and bar with panoramic views of the city and its mountain backdrop.
The downtown revitalization project will include the hotel and three mixed-use buildings with retail and restaurant on the ground floor and office and or residential units above. It also comes with new parking spaces, new streets and view corridors to the mountain, museum and other popular destinations. The developer anticipates the Rowan Hotel to open at the end of August and other tenants to open during the fourth quarter of this this year.